Welcome to my blog! I'm so glad you're here, and that we can share our One little word-journeys with each other.
New years resolutions is nothing for me, it´s too much "made up" and it feels like a pressure and something I have to live up to, rather than a helpful tool. But this year I really wolud like to get my acts together as I'm about to leave the SAHM-phase of my life and find a new direction. So I need- a helpful tool.
I stumbled upon a class and a concept, at my trusted scrapbook class site Big Picture Classes. This was Ali Edwards idea of choosing a word as a kind of headline for a whole year, and use it to explore life and your own beeing. This was what I needed!
When I read about the class I started to think about which word I could choose. I thought it wouldn't be any use of signing up for the class if I didn't have a word to start with. But the word popped up almost immediately: I want to know my PATH. I'm looking for my own path through life.
The word that found me is in English. I'm not! But i decided to stick to the English word and to use the translations to Swedish too. I like to see the differences between the words and to use them to further explore my word and it's meanings. Some things are lost in translation, but some are gained!
The Swedish word for PATH is STIG which means more like foot-path or trail, a much smaller track than I would like to see before me through life, haha, but still quite an intriguing thought to ponder. Another swedish word that I could use is VÄG, but that is a very "broad" word that can mean anything from lane to street- or the road itself.
Now I have lived with this word for a month, and so far it has ment that I have reduced my involvement in my church, I have taken a one day class in writing (which is what I really want to do) and I have taken up reading the Bible again after several years (!). The last one is the hardest actually, it's hard to commit to doing something every day, and it's also the most surprising to me. I'm curious to see where it will lead me. On which path?
The first assignment in the Ali Edwards class was to invite and define our word of choise. This is what my invitation page looks like:
The translations of the cards from top left: synonyms to the word VÄG (way), old encyclopedia definition of VÄG, translations of PATH to swedish, reasons why I choose this word, synonyms to PATH, two quotes: "those who get lost find new paths", "the way become (?) as you walk", the word PATH, two scriptures: act 17:28 and john 14:6, my invitation to clarity, strength, enthusiasm and movement.
I have never done this kind of divided layout before, but i really like the style! I have alreadey started another layout of the same kind, with pictures and small snippets from the summer of 2009. I will show it later. :)
And today it's time for the second assignment from the class! I can't wait!
The next blog in our blog hop is Debras beautiful place, please go and visit her too!
It all starts at Margies place.
In case you got lost among links this is a list of all the participants of the blog hop:
1) Margie http://xnomads.typepad.com
2) Jill Conyers http://jillconyers.typepad.com/life_as_i_see_it/
3) Monica http://scraplifters.blogspot.com
4) Lynn W http://crafty-creativity.blogspot.com
5) Miranda http://mirandasscrapsite.blogspot.com
6) Mandy http://captureandcreate.wordpress.com
7) Kathy http://katswonderings.blogspot.com
8) Lisa http://makeyourownescape.blogspot.com
9) Donna http://donnabryantdurand.blogspot.com
10) Abbey http://athomewiththerichardsfamily.blogspot.com/
11) Sam http://learncreatedo.wordpress.com/
12) April http://capturethememories.blogspot.com
13) Nicky http://seejanebake.blogspot.com
14) Rebekah http://istampscrapcraft.blogspot.com/
15) Relly http://rel.ly
16) Nancy http://goshery.blogspot.com
17) Cynthia http://paperpapereverywhere.blogspot.com/
18) Kathryn http://katlodesigns.com
19) Nikki http://www.inkyart.com.au
20) Heather http://scrappyhare.blogspot.com
21) Gayle www.lifeonlilypadlane.blogspot.com
22) Kristina http://ciqis.blogspot.com
23) Debra http://blakleyhomeplace.blogspot.com
24) Becky http://beckyandjames.com
25) Amy http://reflectivesnapshots.com
26) Marlene http://moore-fun-in-the-sun.blogspot.com/
27) Maureen http://cookingmylife.blogspot.com
28) Cheri http://cheriandrews.blogspot.com
29) Monica Scrapmom http://questtoperfectimperfection.blogspot.com
30) Jan http://mysimplelittlelife.typepad.com
31) Junelle http://yesandamenblog.blogspot.com
32) Margaret http://www.gutsymom.blogspot.com
33) Sharyn http://www.analteredlife.com
34) Tere http://terecontodomicorazon.blogspot.com/